Jan 7, 2011

The Most Common Interview Questions

5 Common Interview Questions You Have To Be ready For

Common Interview Questions: #1 – Why do you want this job?

This job will enable me to use the skills that I gained at ABC College and at XCD Company. I have heard that this accounting firm works with many of companies in the area. I am interested in working alongside the accounting department to build a relationship with these companies and potentially gain more clients.A job interview is to help a potential job interviewer to determine the good candidates from the best ones. You obviously had something about you that caught the company's attention or they would not have called you in for an interview. Now you need to let them know why you picked them, out of all of the jobs in the paper, to send your resume to.
Common Interview Questions: #2 – Why did you leave your last job?
I left my last job because I was not satisfied with my advancement opportunities. I had risen to a level where I no longer could continue to grow and share my knowledge with the company. I knew that I would be able to grow here at Parker, CPA, LLC.
Even if you left your last job because you didn't get along with your last boss. Don't speak negatively about your previous employer or company. This does not look good on you to your potential employer. They then think poorly about you and wonder if you are going to speak poorly about them as well. They do not want nor need a potential troublemaker working for them.
Common Interview Questions: #3 – So, what do you know about this company?
While I was preparing for the interview, I did read on your website that this company is the second largest manufacturer of PVC piping on the East coast. I was impressed with that fact since the company has only been open for 5 years. I know that I would love to work for a company that is up and coming it it's field like that.
The reason that this is one of the most common job interview questions is the fact that interviewers want to see how serious you are about getting the position they are hiring for. If you cannot show the interviewer that you know anything about their company it will show them that you were not very serious about the interview. Show them how much you want the job.
Common Interview Questions: #4 – What is your attitude toward work?
My attitude is that when there is work to be done, it should be done and done correctly. I like to get things done right away so when I am done I am able to help others who may need help with one of their projects or work on one of my other long-term projects.
Another good common interview question because the employer wants to know what your work ethic is. Make sure you don't lie about your work ethic though. If you get hired for the position and you do not live up to your interview answer you may become a disappointment to your employer and it could lead to a termination. Always be honest!
Common Interview Questions: #5 – Why should we hire you?
My attention to detail, and my experience through my internship with Oceanview Medical during my senior year at MyTown Community College has prepared me to work with your company as a lab technician for your company.
Make sure that you state your skills to your interviewer. They do have your resume, but it sounds better coming from you. Only you can sell yourself the way you need to be sold.
Points to Keep In Mind:
  • State skills to employer
  • Never lie during an interview
  • Be prepared to explain your work ethic
  • Prepare for your interview
  • Never speak negatively about your last employer
  • Be prepared and allow the interviewer to know why you want to work with them
Sell yourself!