This position is based in Copenhagen, Denmark or Stockholm, Sweden.
The area: LegalGoogle Legal is a close-knit team of lawyers and legal professionals who operate on a truly global stage. We take pride in working for a company with a clear mission ("to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful") and a real soul ("don't be evil"). Google's innovative services raise challenging legal questions that demand creative and practical answers. We work at the crossroads of new technologies and existing laws to provide those answers, helping Google build innovative and important products for our users around the world. If this sounds like your kind of place, it probably is.
The role: Legal Counsel, NordicsAs a local Legal Counsel - Nordics, you will be responsible for a wide range of legal issues in Denmark, Finland, Island, Norway, and Sweden. You are an IP lawyer by heart and by experience. Copyright law is within your core expertise. You're a fully qualified lawyer in Denmark or Sweden who will be required to explain complex law issues to product and technical colleagues; and then take their input to address their concerns in the product design process. Hardworking, patient and an outstanding communicator; you're also able to produce high-quality work in a flexible, fast-paced environment. Additionally, you'll collaborate with Google Legal teams throughout Europe and the US, advising on commercial and localisation issues when needed. You will also be responsible to coordinate litigation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead several cutting edge lawsuits, often in an environment of legal uncertainty, and to coordinate Google´s legal position in different jurisdictions
- Answer a variety of legal requests from different clients, such as the product, policy, or PR teams across Europe
- Ensure compliance with local and European laws in the Nordic countries including by liaising with outside counsel in different countries
- Advise all departments on legal issues and risks, in particular copyright and other IP issues
- Advise the Support Team in the US and Europe with regard to legal user requests
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record
- Qualified Danish or Swedish lawyer with excellent credentials
- Proven experience as a litigator in complex IP cases, preferably in a leading law firm. Clear focus on copyright law
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, Danish & Swedish. Additional German language skills preferred but not essential
- Good knowledge of Danish/Swedish panel law is a plus
- Willingness to travel and to work in a rather unconventional environment. Good sense of humor required