This position is based in Zurich, Switzerland.
The area: Business DevelopmentThe New Business Development group works with Product, Engineering and other teams on new product incubation and exploratory efforts, technology and meta-data licensing, strategic partnerships, urgent special projects, and alternative distribution for existing and new business initiatives. Our team consists of creative, entrepreneurial, highly organized leaders, well versed in a broad range of technologies, who can spot opportunities, evaluate inbound inquiries, build partnerships, collaborate with many internal functional groups globally, and negotiate and close business deals.
The role: New Business Development Manager, Middle East and North AfricaNew Business Development Managers are self-starters who will work closely with the Google Product team on new initiatives and key strategic relationships. They are recognized experts within their business group and external partners. They make progress with ambiguity, work in challenging environments and pro-actively communicate and manage project status to achieve success. In this position, you will lead and initiate cross-functional company-wide projects and pro-actively seek out initiatives to improve the Google business in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Provide MENA thought leadership to New Business Development team. Guide and manage cross functional team members on a variety of products and deal types.
- Lead and own high impact, high priority and immediate projects across MENA.
- Expand and lead entrepreneurial opportunities. In addition to sourcing high priority, high impact deals that align with the company and regional strategy.
- Lead and initiate cross-functional MENA-wide initiatives.
- Influence business strategies based on expertise and understanding of industry landscape, trends and competitors.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (MBA preferred).
- Significant MENA experience, including experience in business development, partner management, product management or product marketing in industries relevant to Google.
- Experience identifying partners, analyzing and facilitating complex deal structures with a proven track record of deal negotiation and execution.
- In-depth experience operating within cross-functional teams (product management, implementation, legal, finance, marketing, etc.).
- Possess high level of comfort escalating and presenting key deal issues to Google senior management when appropriate; solution-oriented mind-set a must.
- Ability to manage several time-sensitive project/deals at once in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Fluent in English, Arabic and French (preferred)