Organization: Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies (CIHRS)
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Position: Executive Secretary
Starting Date: Immediately
Salary: The remuneration will be commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the applicant and competitive rates in Egyptian NGOs
Background about CIHRS
The Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies (CIHRS) is an independent regional non-governmental organization founded in 1993. It aims at promoting respect for the principles of human rights and democracy, analyzing the difficulties facing the application of international human rights law and disseminating human rights culture in the Arab region as well as engaging in dialogue between cultures. A key part of CIHRS' mandate is to help shape the understanding of the most pressing human rights issues within the region and then to coordinate and mobilize the key players and NGOs from across the Arab region to work together towards solutions. CIHRS enjoys consultative status in the United Nations ECOSOC, and observer status in theAfrican Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights. CIHRS is also a member of the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network (EMHRN), the International Freedom of Expression Exchange (IFEX) and is an Observer Member of the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH). CIHRS is registered in Egypt,France and Geneva, has its main offices in Cairo, an office in Geneva for its work at UN human rights mechanisms and an institutional presence in Paris. CIHRS was awarded the French Republic Award for Human Rights in December 2007.
Major responsibilities of the position
· Coordination of all meetings, appointments, and briefings held inside the office.
· Distribution of tasks and assignments to junior staff.
· Writing minutes of meetings upon request.
· Coordination of all coursework and everyday jobs related to the officers and managerial staff under the supervising of the administration.
· Coordinating a mailing system and other correspondence activities.
· Typing all documents, letters, & faxes related to all programs.
· Organization and coordination of national and international conferences, workshops, seminars, in Egypt and abroad (tasks include, hotel reservation, flight tickets booking, transportation organization)
· Maintaining & updating contact lists of the Institute.
· A university degree.
· Excellent command of the Arabic Language and very good command of the English languages is a must.
· Resourceful and organised work practices with capacity to deal effectively with changing priorities, ability to keep deadlines and deal with several projects simultaneously as well as ability to work under pressure.
· Advanced communication skills.
· A minimum of 2 years experience working in administrative position.
· Computer knowledge (MS Word, Internet, Power Point)
· Willingness and ability to travel abroad, work for extra hours and sometimes during weekends.
· Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Deadline before April 11, 2011.
Applicants should send a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
No telephone call is needed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.Women are highly encouraged to apply.