Full Time - Permanent
§ Global Service Desk (GSD) Frontline Support Engineer is responsible for providing Global IT support for all Vodafone Operating Companies around the world acting as a front line to 2nd line teams regarding different infrastructure, enterprise and consumer services
• Receiving, acquisition, forwarding, handling and closing-off of every description among compliance with defined rules
• Open tickets based on received phone calls, emails or fax
• Monitor and track ticket system, email system, phone and fax for incoming Incidents and Requests
• Enrich tickets with additional information if required and/or needed
• Dispatch Incidents and Requests to next level of support including call out
• Inform IMS (Incident Management and Support Team) via phone about Critical Incidents
• Inform Incident or Request Originator about updates and progress
• Review ticket answers from underlying support levels
• Answer Incidents and Requests back to originator
• Keeping customers informed on request status and progress till closure
• Liaising with other support groups in assisting with the resolution of SRs where initial investigation fails to resolve the customer incident.
• Pro-actively keeps users informed of all relevant service events, actions and service changes that are likely to affect them.
• Solve incidents based on knowledge
• consults with next line of support teams as appropriate
• Settings with the SLS, the customers and service provider within the Incident Management Process
• Pro-active monitoring of systems and services (Line of Business).
• Performance of permanent activities for the monitoring of the incident process.
• Introduction of telephone conferences
• Notification and alerting of on calls
• Performances of outbound activities.
• Active support of the service processes by pro-active handling
• Support of the technical departments in the use of the service support processes.
• Handling of systems and peripheral devices.
• Continuous checking of systems and peripheral devices
• Performance of simple works of repair and maintenance on the technical equipment in the work environment to saving operational sequences
• working in shift bases available 24/7
• Validate Incidents and Requests according to Operations questionnaires
• Qualification and analysis of requests (Incident, Change, Order, Service Call)
• Analysis and management of incidents.
• Ensure continuous monitoring and forward movement of customer issues until they are resolved.
• Monitoring and Improvement of quality of service
• Act as a team member that contributes to solutions and customer satisfaction.
• Analysis and manage handover of incidents to Problem Management
• Recording and tracking incidents and complaints
• Monitoring of documentation of services on being up-to-date
• Documentation of all types of handling steps, also on demand for the technical departments.
• Permanent updating of available technical knowledge
• De-escalation of conflict situations
• Pick up incoming Incidents and Requests by ticket system, phone, email and fax according to SLA
• responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
• Track & monitor Incidents inside SLA according to SLA and OLA
• Notification / alerting after defined SLA parameters
• Inform via SMS about SLA breach for Priority 1 and Priority 2 Incidents
• Perform hierarchical escalation according to SLA
• Inform Incident or Request Originator about updates and progress regarding Priority 1 and Priority 2 inside SLA
• Monitoring and escalation procedures relative to the appropriate SLA
• Qualification / Experience:
o B.Sc. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
o 0 / 2 year IT experience (Familiar with Service Desk/Helpdesk support field)
o Excellent written and spoken English is a must (Berlitz Level 6) preferred
o Organized for working in a global cooperative team environment.
o MCP is a plus
• Technical skills:
o Good troubleshooting skills
o Different Operating Systems Knowledge (Microsoft , Unix / Linux, etc)
o Networking Support Knowledge (TCP/IP, ISDN,…), analysis of network problems (LAN/WAN)
o Backend Software support Knowledge (Mailing Systems, Exchange, Outlook, Active Directory and web applications. etc..)
o Database systems Knowledge is preferred.
o Knowledge of Batch Operation
o Confident control of simple tools of analysis and monitoring
o Technical interpretation of message retrievals
o Identification of coherences between individual messages of systems and customers
o ITIL knowledge is a plus.
• Personal skills:
o Excellent communication skills and presentation skills.
o Self-motivated, detail-oriented
o Willing to work on shift basis
o Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
o Confident negotiation and online documentation (throughout the negotiation) in German or English
o Unconditional provision of services
• Business and Managerial skills:
o Good understanding of the global cooperative team environment
o Understanding of the Telecommunications Market
o Working under stress, Dynamic and Customer oriented
o Acts as a Team player
IT Global Services Support SR Supervisor